2012 NTUA Experiment
Research of application of KOFINAS prefabricated houses construction method for buildings with more than three floors
The study was funded from the G.S.R.T. and realized from the N.T.U.A. in 2012.
A four-story building constructed utilizing the “Kofinas – Prefabricated Houses” company construction system was studied from a scientific team which consisted of:
- Dr. H. Mouzakis, Project Manager N.T.U.A.
- Dr. L. Karapitta, Researcher N.T.U.A.
- Dr. V.Κ. Ntertimanis, Researcher N.T.U.A.
in order to extend the action of prefabricated wooden buildings of KOFINAS company, to multi-story constructions and give further knowledge to the company to improve its competitiveness in the construction industry.
The technical report of the NTUA scientists, among others, mentions the following:
Benefits for participants
- Participants will develop new scientific knowledge. Specifically, the KOFINAS company is expected to use the study results, for a modern, highly competitive manufacturing.
Benefits for society
- The final product is expected to be a positive step towards meeting the green design philosophy. The cost of the resulting construction will be highly competitive, affordable and attractive for society, with obvious economic and environmental advantages. Moreover, the proposed construction will help reduce the misperceptions about the wooden prefabricated houses and, since the current market is limited, can lead to an expansion, offering new jobs and increasing competition, for the benefit of the consumer.
This proposal aims to become the first holistic research in Greece, which will study the wooden prefabricated buildings, taking into account the local environmental conditions and the seismic actions.
The results obtained will provide the KOFINAS company all the necessary knowledge and corresponding tools to move further…