Visit of KOFINAS SA to the VIDA factory in 2014
The wood that KOFINAS uses for its homes is:
- Swedish: which means that it is really compact
- Pine: which means better moisture resistance.
- Dried: which means that the timber is furniced for weeks, undergoing a natural deworming process (unlike the green-colored timber), and also reaches the ideal, for house construction, level of humidity which is 15-16%.
- Ecological: which means that the timber does not contain chemical loads and that the policy of the Swedish Timber Industry aids with the absorption of carbon dioxide.
- Planned: which means that it has perfectly flat surfaces which, in conjunction with the factory connection methods, we can achieve a perfect assembly with no margins at the joints for all the construction parts of the house.
- C24 class: which means that it has great mechanical strength, showing up to 80% more carrying capacity when compared to conventional timber.
So in 2014, KOFINAS SA paid a visit to the factory of VIDA from where it supplies its timber for the construction of its prefabricated houses to see up close the process of timber production. As well as verify the reliability of the characteristics of wood.
A few words about VIDA …
Vida is one of the largest biofuel companies in Sweden. It is also a global supplier of products from sustainable Swedish forests. They employ about 1,250 people in 22 production plants and have twelve sawmills. Their production focuses on structural timber. 75% of Vida sawn timber products are exported to Europe, USA, Australia, Africa and Asia.
Factory tour …
KOFINAS SA see the whole process that presented from the production line.
From where they receive tree trunks from controlled forests to their packaging and shipment.